December 2, 2011

Arriving at December's Door

Hello, December!  How did you sneak up on me?

November was so enjoyable...a slow stroll through the month finding gratitude in life's small moments.  The 30 Day Challenge of finding thanks is a fine way to arrive at December's door.


It's sometimes hard to get into the Christmas spirit when it is 70 degrees outside but today is joyfully rainy!  I spent a little time reading through some blogs and came across a photograph that really piqued my curiosity.  My best friend is a professional photographer so I asked her how the photo was captured and she told me it was done with a Lensbaby.   And, best of all, that she has one!  {Thank you, sweet friend}


These are just a couple of quick shots from the test drive I took with the lens of the Christmas lights on our front lawn.  Oh my gosh, I was giddy I tell you!  Apathy is out the window and I'm ready to light the whole dang house up!

Where are you finding your inspiration for the Christmas season this year?  Drop a note, I'd love to hear what has you excited about kicking off this festive month.

Gotta dash, I'm off to write my letter to Santa...

EDIT:  My apologies.  I see from Marguerite's comment and my rereading of this post that I wasn't very clear in my explanation of why I was so excited.  The Christmas lights are just regular, plain Jane lights.  It is an accessory of the lens kit that causes them to appear star shaped in the photos.  So sorry...the result of a late night post!




14 comments:

  1. No inspiration, not until the 23rd at the very earliest.

    We have friends of Mrs IGs coming, with four (yes, four) children. As a child hater, it's going to be tough. One is a stroppy teenager with a very bad attitude, so I don't mind her. The plan is to take her Horse Racing on Boxing day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually not a fan of this time of year, but surprisingly I'm finding inspiration for the Christmas season in Zumba! A family member introduced me to it on Thanksgiving Day and now I think I'm hooked. Can't wait to spend time with the family this Christmas--talking, laughing, eating, reflecting, and (hopefully) Zumba-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - Is it December already?

    These are some awesome photos - I think its time for me to explore some different lenses. Maybe Santa will be kind to me this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my girlfriend has a lens baby and LOVES to play with it! hope santa brings you one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it's already December! What's got me jazzed about this season is my son is due home from Afghanistan on Christmas Eve! There will be no finer present under my tree than having him back on U.S. soil with his wife and precious baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm giddy about painting a few rooms in the house. They need it, and I love the fresh smell of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are those your actual lights? I haven't seen star shaped lights before. Feels like Christmas season is in full swing here now. I've decorated two trees already (one at work and the other at our community centre) and have done loads of baking. I'm ready for the vacation time and the turkey dinner already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Cat... yeap, it is December already... time is just shooting by us... happy to hear that you enjoy fiddling with the lensbaby... hope your December will be as fun as your November...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is that! I can see why it sparked your inspiration! The holiday spirit was elusive for me, too--surprisingly we haven't had measurable snow stick around longer than a couple of hours. But a trip to a consignment shop on Small Business Saturday sparked my mood. I was able to support local artisans, a small business, and my own holiday spirit at the same time. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cat, very cool. I clicked to see what Lensbaby was all about. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. December has snuck up on me, but I am looking forward to making mince pies and to starting to soak the fruit for the christmas cake in brandy. Now if I can just work out how to cram the Christmas tree in to a lounge that is full of stuff we are sorting through in preparation for our move...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Listening to tried and true Christmas songs, watching the standard Christmas TV specials from the 60s when I was a kid and watching old Christmas movies especially from the late 30s and 40s...these bring back the magic of Christmas for me...of course they keep the true essence of Santa front and center for me...we go way back!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun shots! I love it!
    We went to the Christmas trees farm and cut our own tree. Its aroma is wonderful and the holiday spirit is here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello fellow Master Gardener Intern :) I followed a blog link from Caroline's Shovel Ready Gardener and there you were. Funny :)

    I just love these photos. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete