August 30, 2016

Hey, There! It's Been A While...

You know it's been a while since your last post when you can't remember the password to get into your blog account.

After nearly 17 years in our home, we moved last fall to a home one mile away.  It's a beautiful lot with tons of potential and an older home...read that to mean it's been a lot of work.  There are lots of projects in the works and lots of dreams that will hopefully come to fruition in time.




This cypress vine was a volunteer that hitched a ride in a 4" pot from the nursery this spring.  I found it languishing in the undergrowth as a tiny seedling and moved it to a larger pot in the heat of summer.  It started flowering this week and I was instantly reminded of how much hope can be held in one tiny flower.  This sweet little vine reminds me that this garden will be beautiful.  No, IS beautiful, yes, is beautiful, right now.  The move has made me step back and appreciate the small steps and victories of growing a new garden.

I'm not sure how often I will post here so if you're on Instagram, please find me there @cat_jones_atx.  The ease and instant gratification of Instagram has lured me in and I frequent the app and post updates there regularly.  You'll get glimpses of my new garden and snippets of whatever happens to catch my eye.  I hope to see you there!

Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment